Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Riverton, Utah September 22, 2013

Yesterday was kind of a laid back day. We did make it to some more yard sales, and found one with quilting material for sale. Most was good quality and Cindy was able to get several fat quarters for under 10 cents each. We spent a whopping $2.50 and got a bag full of material scraps and fat quarters. She had me take her to JoAnn's and bought some thread with her 50% off coupons. We don't like their fabric.

Stephanie and Pat were having second thoughts about the house they had made an offer on, and as it turned out, the builder wouldn't make the changes they want. They talked to another builder and looked at one of his homes that is under construction, and really like the floor plan as is with no changes necessary. And the good part is he can build it for their budget. I hope this one goes the way they want.




I quilted one of Cindy's baby quilts. I don't know if the pattern shows up, but it is a teddy bear with a night cap, stars and a moon.








I had borrowed a cook top smoker from one of our friends to try out before I bought one of my own. I tried it tonight and we all really like the added smoke flavor it brought to the salmon. I guess getting one of the smokers is now on my to do list.

I won't get the part to repair the fiver until next Friday, so we have decided to leave in about two weeks. We are not sure which direction we will head, but probably back to the Oregon coast to continue our interrupted travels.

Cindy wants me to finish some more of her quilts before we leave, and she still has some things she wants to do here before we leave. We are talking about not coming home till Christmas, if then.

Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

  1. Got behind on my blog reading so I'm trying to catch up. Hope Stephanie and Pat get everything worked out for their new home.

    ReplyDelete