Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Tires, Truck Cover, Quilt

Riverton, Utah High 52 Low 41

Today started out clear and sunny. It was quite a bit warmer than yesterday. Late this afternoon it got cloudy again, and cooled off a bit. It brings to mind a saying, "If you don't like the weather this time of year, wait a few minutes". I did get the tire leak taken care of, sort of. It was one of my Pressure Pro senders leaking. I had it on tight, but the o-ring was not seating properly. After I got through, one of the other tires was down a little. I really tightened them, but will likely have to get new gaskets, if they sell them.

Working on the rails for the topper.
I then worked on the bed topper, and got it finished. It looks pretty nice, if I do say so myself. I did have to drill a hole in the bottom for the gas cap. After making some adjustments, it all works and locks as it should. I'm a lot happier with it than the old canvas one held down by Velcro.









Here you can see the hole I had to drill for the fuel cap. I now have one more of my to-dos finished.










I really like the looks of this cover.










I also worked on some loose moldings in side
the 5er, which had come loose on the ceiling. Hopefully what I did will hold better than the job they did from the factory. Good thing for Super Glue.


This quilt is just right for a lap quilt. I think Cindy does nice work.


A few posts ago, I said I would take some pictures of the quilt I was quilting. Cindy made it for a lap quilt on our trip to Alaska, and I got the quilting done a few days ago. I hope the pictures show the quilting enough.





Hopefully, you can see the quilting.
















Tomorrow I'm working on a big king size quilt that will probably take 3 or 4 days to finish. It's for a Christmas present, and Cindy would like to have it finished before we leave for Alaska.

Still no word from the RV place on the cable for the slide. I found the parts on Amazon, and they dropped the price on the cable kits and the crimper,  so I ordered them. We shall see who gets the parts first, him or me. If I get everything first, I will still probably fix it myself, and just buy the extra kits from the repair shop.

That's it for today. Thanks for dropping by.




1 comment:

  1. Nice looking quilt.... Cindy does do a nice job of piecing the top together...... but your being a little modest about the quilting.. The quilting looks very elegant as well....

    ReplyDelete