Pages

Friday, March 25, 2022

Canada Parade

 Yuma, Arizona             High 94 Low 56

It has got almost uncomfortably warm. 94 High today, 97 tomorrow, then a little cooler.

The Park put on a Canada Parade where a lot of the Canadian Provinces were represented. There were a lot of entries.
























We have a USA Parade tomorrow.

I guess because of the heat a lot of people have already left to go to their summer homes.

Most of the Canadians are waiting until after the first of April so they don't have to have the covid test to get back into Canada.

The price of gas has gone up considerably, It is $4.629 here at Sam's Club and goes up from there. It wasn't long ago that California was the only place we saw prices like they are here. Right now, it is from $6.59 to $6.89 in Needles, California, which is on our way back to Utah.

Yesterday I took Penny to the Veterinarian to have her teeth checked. I had decided to try a Vet in San Luis, Mexico that I had heard about. They didn't want to look at her mouth without doing an examination. The Veterinarian didn't speak any English, but the receptionist did, so she went in with us to interpret for me. They asked if Penny would bite, and I told they the worst she would do was lick them. She checked Penny's heart and temperature and when she looked at Penny's teeth, she told me there was no infection and only a small amount of tarter, so Penny didn't need her teeth cleaned. When we got through and I went to pay, I was told $16.00. I wasn't sure I heard right, so I asked one six. The receptionist assured me that was correct. The facility in a nice modern place and the have a shuttle pick you up at the border and then take you back to go back into the US.

I was there late in the afternoon, and there was no one going through to the US. Penny was in her bag on my shoulder with her head out, and I had her medical records with me, but the only thing the border agent asked me, was how was my day, with no other questions about my business in  Mexico or anything about Penny. Easiest border crossing I have ever had.

Thanks for visiting. 

1 comment:

  1. I just love that everyone at your park is so into joining in. Fun parade ... now bring out those American flags! Interesting about the vet in Mexico. I never even thought of going there. The price is sure right!!!!

    ReplyDelete