Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Getting Ready for Christmas

Riverton, Utah High 36 Low 19

We are high enough in elevation to get out of the haze a little, so we have a little higher temperatures than Salt Lake. The downside is with the clear sky's, it gets a lot colder at night. The upside is it's only about 2 weeks till we go somewhere warmer.

Cindy spent yesterday baking. She likes to give the loaves of coconut bread for Christmas. Sorry you're not here, so she included her recipe. It really is good, and has been sort of a Christmas tradition for years for as long as I have known her, and she says a long time before that.









I finished up the light purple quilt. I don't think the pictures show all the different rose patterns. There were 7 different ones on the various blocks and borders. This one took a while to finish.














I also finished a smaller snowman quilt, which Cindy wants to give as a Christmas gift. The back shows the snowflake pattern very well.





Today I also put together a gift for Devon. I'll wait till Christmas to take pictures of it, but there was much assembly required. I don't want to tell what it is yet in case he sees this post.

That's about all that's going on. Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

  1. Good land Ray, the detailed long arm work must have taken hours on both quilts. I wouldn't have enough patients...

    ReplyDelete