Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2026

Bad Air Day

 Riverton, Utah      High 101 Low 75

It is still very hot and the weather guessers are predicting more of the same. What happened to August cooling down?

Today it is so smoky from all the fires that we can only barely see the mountains to the east. The news showed a couple of new fires caused by lightning. They still don't have all the older fires in the state put completely out. At least we don't have any fires in our area.

Cindy's garden is going crazy and the plants are loving the heat. I got the netting on our grapes, and hopefully we won't have birds feasting on the grapes. 


We are getting Tomatoes and some squash, with lots more growing. Cindy says there are two melons growing, but I didn't get pictures of them.



The Zucchini blossom is huge. The plants are going everywhere and you have to watch where you walk because they are all over the sidewalks. 
 





I had made a cage out of fencing for the beans to grow on, and it got so heavy, that the wind knocked it over. I had to add some pipes to help hold it up to hold all the plants.

And I finished another Christmas quilt. It is the same log cabin quilt Cindy has made before, but this time we quilted it in a Christmas bell pattern.



Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

  1. Your garden is the happiest one I have ever seen in my life!! I can just taste those tomatoes!!! Gorgeous quilt too. I love those colors!! Give Penny some pets for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely have a winning garden and hopefully you will keep the birds away from the grapes.
    Stay Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete