Pages

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

My Little Shadow, Quilts, Tomatoes and Bad Air

Riverton, Utah                 High 91 Low 63

The weather has been setting records for September almost every day. In Ogden, which is about 30 miles north of Salt Lake, A fire started yesterday morning which burned at least 6 homes and forced evacuation of several thousand people. Along with all the other fires burning in Utah and Idaho the air quality here has been really bad.

Normally when we look toward the mountains we have a nice clear view. This picture will give some idea of how much smoke is in the air.
You can barely see the mountain and today was even worse.
I have been working of quilts and every time Taylor is home he wants to help. Lots of the time he sits on my lap wanting to cut the thread. He also likes to wind bobbins which does help but I have to tell him how many or her would have too many of whatever color we are using at the time.

Cindy had one of our neighbors give us lots of tomatoes, so she and Heather have been busy bottling them. They probably got close to 40 bottles plus some Cindy froze to take with us to Yuma.
This is only part of them.
This afternoon she had me cut some dead branches from the fruit trees and cut a large limb off the apple tree that was pushing against our back fence. She was afraid that if it got any bigger it would break the vinyl fence.

We are only about 4 weeks till we leave for Yuma. I can't wait so I don't have to work quite so hard.

When we are home we always find lots to do.

We did get a new lawn mower. It has electric start so I won't hurt myself pulling on the starting rope. LOL The old one was over 25 years old and I guess it was time to replace it.

Thanks for visiting.


2 comments:

  1. It's awesome you have a little helper ... and that you let him help!! I remember canning tomatoes in the old days. I really used to love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've looked you up from your comment on my post and began following you. It would be lovely to meet you sometime in our travels to the south. 1997 was a great year to tie the knot! We were May 3rd. :)

    ReplyDelete