Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2022

Back In Yuma

Yuma, Arizona       High 77 Low 40

Last week got very windy and cold (for here). It is still a lot warmer than back in Utah. Next week it is supposed to make it to 85.

When our friend Nancy was here in January, She gave Cindy a large box of  Quilting scraps. Cindy said it was like Christmas again. Included was a jelly-roll of purple fabrics. Cindy promptly made a quilt out of it. Below is how it turned out. 


She has finished three more quilts since we got back to Yuma.


She couldn't decide whether to make this one in blue or pink, so she made it in both colors.


This is one we finished today. The reason she worked on it was that the last trip we took with her Mom while she was in good health was to the Amish Country in Indiana and Iowa.


She tells me she wants me to be busy quilting when we get back to Utah.

We have tried to be very careful around people here in the Park. There has been a lot of cases of Covid and one man died from complications caused by the virus. He did have other complications. Last I heard, another lady was in the hospital with the virus.

I can only hope things get get better soon. Mean while we are doing lots of quilting and avoiding crowds.

Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

  1. I love that trellis pattern. I'll have to see if I can find it! See I knew you would make something fabulous out of that jelly roll!!! The other two ... OMG ... how do you sew so fast with so many tiny pieces??? They are gorgeous! I'm hoping some of that will rub off on me!!!

    ReplyDelete