Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2019

Quilt Show and Sunset

Yuma, Arizona          High 65 Low 48

The weather has been very nice even with the small amount of rain we got.

The annual Quilt Show in Yuma was held this weekend and of coarse we had to go. While it isn't the biggest show we have been to, they still had some nice quilts. To enter the participants have to belong to the local quilt guild.

We got lots of pictures of the different quilts. I have only included a small portion of them,








Great quilting.


These bears claws are way bigger than they look in this picture.









I like the 3D look of this one.


Very nice quilting.




This one was made from the selvage edges. Cindy likes to make quilts from scraps, but I hope she doesn't decide to go this far.








There were many more. The show seemed to be well attended. We ran into several people from our Park that had gone to see all the quilts.

While we were checking out the vendors, we found one that had material for $3.95 a yard if you bought the whole bolt. Yes we found some we had to have. They had almost 15 yards on the bolts, so almost 30 yards later, we quit buying. Same question, can you ever have too much fabric? For us, I guess not.

Last night we had a beautiful Arizona sunset, just enough clouds to make it look like the sky was on fire.




Penny and I on our front patio.
Today we had a visitor, but I will talk about that in my next post.

Thanks for visiting.

4 comments:

  1. I think Yuma has one of the best quilt shows around. I'm sorry I missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love all those amazing quilts. And I heard you have a visitor, she is there with the puppies and Johnathan. Now you can show her how to play shuffleboard and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the quilt photos. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice having a Hobby that lots of people Enjoy.
    Have fun with your company before she leaves.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete