Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Happy Birthday to Me


Yuma, Arizona        High 90 Low 59

Yesterday morning we went to several yard sales. While we didn’t find a lot, we did manage to spend $5.00. Cindy found a vase and pitcher while go with the decor of our home. She also got a book showing how to make cupcakes into festive decorations.

We then went to a quilt show at the RV Park east of us. We had been to the same Park’s quilt show last year and while small, it is a nice quilt show. The admission was only $2.00 each and you got an entry into their drawings. The first number drawn was Cindy’s and she won a small pattern. I have included some pictures of some of the quilts.






Some of the quilts were made from the same pattern. I would guess a class. It was interesting how different they looked with different material colors.



After the quilt show, it was time for me to leave for Algodones to have my tooth taken out. My appointment was for 1:00 and I arrived a few minutes early. I was in the dentist’s chair by 1:00 and she went right to work. She told me that with all the decay, the tooth might break easily, but she then had to get her hammer and chisel out to break the tooth apart to get the roots out. It seemed like, to me, that it took a lot of effort to get all the tooth out and I was waiting for her to get her drill and dynamite to get it all, but the hammer and chisel were enough. Needless to say, when my mouth started to get over the numbness, I had quite a bit of pain. While it still hurts today, it is more tolerable. I am going to wait until next fall to do any more with the space left, before I decide on an implant or bridge.

That is how my birthday went. I have had lots better ones in my life.


Thanks for visiting.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Quilts and Happy Birthday. May the one next year have much less pain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well happy birthday anyhow. Definitely not my idea of a fun day. The quilts are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!! That's the worst birthday EVER!!! Hope you're feeling better soon so you can eat lots of cake!!

    ReplyDelete