Pages

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Kid Will Be Kids November 23, 2013

Riverton, Utah High 45 Low 32

Today we bought an incline board for Cindy to see if it would help her back. The incline board holds your ankles and lets you tip back to a partial upside down position to take weight off your back. we found it at a yard sale for a lot less than a new one.

We also went to see Cindy's friend Alice. She had several nice quilts she had finished. Her husband Jerrol showed me his wood shop in his garage he has been working on.

We then went to Five Guys Burgers and Fries for lunch. The fries are sure good.

When we got home and set up the incline board in our upstairs room, we noticed candy wrappers all over the chandelier that we can look down on from the walkway upstairs. One of the grand kids had been sneaking candy and instead of taking care of the wrappers, just threw them down on the chandelier. I guess she thought no one would notice, and we might not have for a while if we hadn't gone upstairs.

I wasn't too happy about having to get the extension ladder to get the paper out of the fixture.

This reminded me of some of the things my kids did when they were younger. One of my daughters had a party with beer, when my ex and I were gone on a small trip. the thing that gave her away was that instead of taking care of the garbage, they threw the empty beer cans in the wood burning fireplace in the basement, and then left them. I went to start a fire and found all the cans.

One of Cindy's daughter told us she used to sneak out at night. She got out her window, and to get back it was easier to get in her brother's window. One night she woke him up coming home. He didn't know who it was and started screaming and she was afraid he would wake Cindy, because the room she came into was right below her mother's. She was able to get him quieted down without waking Cindy. Cindy had never known until today.

All this reminded me of when I was a 16 year old. My dad had a 1940 Chev he put a 56 Chev V-8 in. It was quite a hot-rod. Anyway I was allowed to drive it. One day I had two of my friends with me, and I decided to show off for some girls by squealing out. I didn't know it but I started out on gravel and when I hit the pavement, the axle broke. So we got my buddies car and towed it home. When I told my dad, I thought I would be in lots of trouble, but all he said was "You broke it, you fix it."
I did know how, and he got me a used axle, and I got it fixed.

So I guess it doesn't matter what age or generation, kids will be kids.

Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment