Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Soldotna, Alaska July 21, 2013


Today has been a nice warm day. I went to church this morning. Cindy’s back seems to be a lot better.

She went outside by herself this afternoon to bring me some clothes hangers while I did wash. I am doing a lot of the things I have come to rely on her to get done. She seems to be able to get up and down easier, so it seems that time will help her get better, as long as she doesn't try to overdo. Cindy has been sitting up the last two days. She says it is easier than trying to get in and out of bed. She is thinking of trying to do some sewing tomorrow.





Friday night I went fishing with our neighbors in the tent next to us. They live in Wyoming and come here quite often. They seem to know where to catch fish. We went about 10:30 at night to try to catch our Friday limit before midnight. Ray, our neighbor, told me I made it with 5 minutes to spare.


Quite a pile of fish!
  At midnight the limit went to 6 fish with 12 in possession, so we tried to catch our Saturday limit. It took until about 3:30 in the morning, but all three of us got our limits. As you can see from the picture I was happy about it.
 


Cindy took some pictures of us finishing up filleting the fish.The real work begins after you catch them. As you can see, I had quite a pile of fish. I estimate that I had about 40 pounds of fillets from this one trip. I don’t know how much more fishing I will get to do before we run out of room in the freezer. We may even have to start eating fresh salmon. Wouldn’t that be too bad? LOL We haven’t cooked any yet because of Cindy’s back but she thinks she will be able to do it and is looking forward to doing so.


 
I went down last evening to watch the fishermen and the combat fishing is getting worse. People had to wait more than a half an hour to get a spot in the river before they could even try fishing. It looked like the catching had slowed down some, and the numbers of fish coming up the river are down from the last few days. There were 123,000 on the 18th to about 61,000 on the 20th, according to the State Fish and Game. The people here say that this is normal. I have decided that if we have to be in one place for so long, it’s not too bad to be here where I can go fishing some of the time.


I guess That’s all I have to report for now. Please wish me luck on tonight’s fishing. Thanks for visiting.


No comments:

Post a Comment