Pages

Friday, August 30, 2019

Funeral and Getting Together With My Brothers and Sisters

Riverton, Utah         High 92 Low 64

It warmed up again and is supposed to be even warmer for the next few days.

Because of the funeral today, we decided to put off going to see Pat and Stephanie until next week.

Most of my brothers and sisters were at the funeral today. I don't know why Ralph didn't make it as he lives closer to where the funeral was held than any of us.


Counting myself there were 8 of the remaining family at the funeral. It really wasn't a formal funeral, but more of a gathering of family and friends to celebrate Kathy's life.

There was lots of finger food the whole time we were there.

I got to see my Uncle Gordon again. He seems to have slowed down a lot and told me he hasn't been golfing at all this year. Golf is his passion. He is a little over 9 years older than I am. As I have said before, I was the oldest of 12 children. Kathy make the 3rd sibling that has passed on, with 2 this year. Again it reminds me how old I am getting to be.

Paula is closest with her back to us and in front of her is my uncle Gordon.

We picked up my daughter, Paula, and she was the only one of my kids at the funeral. She is the only one living in Utah, so I guess that's to be expected.

My youngest daughter, Sabrina, did send flowers so she was thinking of her aunt.

This was Sabrina's contribution.

Kathy's husband, Brian, seems to be pretty broken up over loosing Kathy.

Brian is at the far right side  (with the blue checkered shirt). Three of the remaining are Kathy's son's and I think the other 2 are Brian's brothers.

In spite of the reason, it was good to see family that we don't get to see very often.

Paula got the following picture of 2 of my brothers and myself. She thought it was funny that we all had our hands in our pockets.


We are still not sure when we are going to Yuma, but 115 is way too hot for us.

Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

  1. It's so sad when you start losing your siblings. Yup we are all getting old-ER.

    ReplyDelete