Pages

Friday, June 28, 2019

Nice Funeral

Riverton, Utah         High 91 Low 58

Summer got here at last.

Today was my brother Wes's funeral. His four kids were there along with all my siblings with the exception of Kathy, who just went home from the hospital. Two of my kids were also there, Don from Boise and Sabrina from Sand Point.

Just a note, I am the oldest of 12 Children. I had one sister die about 20 years ago and now Wes, who was second.

The funeral was a graveside service. We only had 3 speakers. It was a short and sweet service.

My sister-in-law seemed to be handling it ok.

After the service about 20 of us went to a Chinese restaurant. The food was very good.

Cindy's sister Linda called today and wanted to know if we wanted to take an RV trip to the Redwoods in California. After discussing it we decided we both would like to get away for a while and feel like a trip to Northern California wouldn't be too far away if something changes with Kathy.

I'm afraid I have been looking forward to going somewhere.

Wednesday we went to Payson, Utah to pick cherries and we still have some on our tree that aren't quite ripe. The birds are still feasting on them and don't seem to care whether they are ripe or not.

We are going to have a large apricot crop and we need to be here probably the first part of August for them.

I still have been busy quilting Cindy's quilts and started another one this afternoon.

Thanks for visiting.

3 comments:

  1. When someone is ill for some time it sometimes seems a little easier to accept the loss.

    Rick and Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Redwoods will be beautiful and cool this time of year. Enjoy ... and don't buy too much material along the way! HAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you can get away for awhile. That would be a nice change.

    ReplyDelete