Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Soldotna, Alaska Days 58-59 June 29-30, 2013



Yesterday was a quiet laid back day. I tried fishing for a while, and didn't catch anything. I came back to the 5er and got Cindy. We went and did a little shopping and then went to some yard sales. Cindy found some quilting things at one of them, and that’s all we bought.

We went and checked out one of the city RV Parks. Neither of us was too impressed. It had no dump station or water that we could see, and all for $25.00 a day starting next week. The only thing I could see was access to the river for fishing. I had already checked with the Edgewater, and they will let us boondock here for $20.00 per day. When we get through with Ninilchik and Homer we will come back here for the salmon fishing. I hope I can catch some then.

Cindy spent the rest of the afternoon working on her quilting. I went back to the Kasilof River to try my luck again. Still didn't catch any more salmon. On the way back I did have a moose cross the main highway right by the RV Park. I tried to get a picture, but it didn't turn out, so sorry there won’t be any pictures with this post.

This morning (Sunday) we went to church. When we got home, Cindy made salmon chowder with some of the small pieces of salmon I had, while I was learning to fillet them. I think that I’m getting better at it, because I don’t seem to have all the small pieces when I fillet them. Hopefully, I can catch some more to fillet to see, if in fact, I am better at it.

This afternoon we are probably just going to  relax, so this is a short post.


Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment