Saturday, August 20, 2016

Food Cart

Riverton, Utah         High 86 Low 63

It is still fairly warm here. We have had very little rain since we’ve been home.

I’ve been busy doing chores around our home (since being home). The latest was to repaint the dryer and bathroom vent covers on the front porch. I thought about getting new ones, but none are made in the color I wanted, so Rust Oleum to the rescue, this time in some paint that say it will stick to plastic. The color is a little off, but is really close to the brick color.

They are a little darker than the bricks, but do look better.
I also am still quilting, the latest Cindy’s Christmas colored Oh My Gosh. It is mostly an overall pattern and is going fairly fast. Pictures of it later. Cindy did get a picture of one of the quilts I finished earlier this week.
I have been trying to get hold of my son Ted for a while. He is terrible about answering his phone or returning calls, but he finally sent a text the other night saying he wasn’t too far away with his Poutine cart. So we drove over to see him. Unfortunately, my little grandson and his mother had already left, so we didn’t get to see them. A little about Ted: a few years ago he got into selling Poutines part time doing a little traveling around the country with the cart. He liked it so much that he gave up his day job and is now doing the Poutine thing all the time. They travel all over the country to different events and from what he told me he is making a lot more money than when he worked for Dyno Nobel. It seems like a lot of work, but if he’s happy, good for him.

Kind of a wild paint job!
I finally went and ordered hearing aids. Cindy had got quite tired of repeating everything several times. They just arrived today and I haven’t tried them yet, but will tomorrow. I hope they work better than the last ones I had that somewhere I’ve lost. I get to try them out for a few days and then go back to the hearing aid guy for any fine tuning they need.

I also went back to the doctor and got a steroid injection in my knee that has been bothering me. The Doctor told me that most people get immediate relief and then the second day it bothers them for a little while. My relief was almost instant and I haven’t had any discomfort. My knee feels so much better. Cindy has been giving me a bad time about having to get a golf cart when we go back to Yuma, but says now I might not need it. We have been doing a little walking which is something I haven’t been able to do for the last couple of months.

Thanks for visiting.


  1. The Poutine Cart would be a fun way to make some good money, much easier than the restaurant I had for 10 years.
    It is nice to have good hearing aides hope they work out for you.

  2. Gee ... that certainly looks like an OH MY GOSH to me!!! Oh my GOSH that's a beautiful quilt!!!!