Pages

Sunday, February 11, 2024

The Rest Of The Barbeque

 Yuma, Arizona         High 65 Low 43

It seems to be a lot cooler than normal and we got heavy rain on Tuesday and light rain on Thursday. 

I got some pictures of one of the sunrises before the rain came.




We went to the Saturday night Pitsmasters Barbeque. There was lots of meat and they had a better turn-out than I expected. I talked to the Chef and he said there were about two hundred people there. He said he had hoped for a bigger crowd, but as it was the first year, he hopes it improves next year. The band was very good. I didn't get their name.














The MC carried around the alligator head and Cindy pretended to kiss it. We got to try the barbecued alligator, and to us it tasted like very dry (overcooked?) chicken.


I'm really glad we didn't have to pay the $125.00, like a lot of people did, to go to the night time dinner.
While most of it was good, it didn't seem like that good (to pay that much).

Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

  1. I read a book about Barbecue Masters. How they cook for "show" (the alligator) is completely differently than how they cook for "judging". The show cooking is usually dry ... I guess you just smother it in bbq sauce! I know they are raised for meat, but I hate seeing the whole critters.

    ReplyDelete