Pages

Monday, May 30, 2022

Memorial Day

 Riverton, Utah       High 52 Low 38

The day started out with lots of rain. There is new snow on the mountains. This afternoon the sun finally came out at about 4:00 PM.

 I hope everyone had a good Memorial Day and hope you remember our fallen soldiers.

I only finished one quilt this past week. I have been trimming lots of blocks for Cindy and doing lots of cutting for some of the quilts she is working on. She still likes pieced quilts.




This is a smaller than usual flannel quilt. It was a quick over-all. This one took Cindy longer to make than I spent quilting it. Being flannel on both sides, it should make a nice warm cuddle quilt.

Today I bought a set of quilting patterns for our next quilt. It is ready to quilt and will take me a lot longer to quilt than it took to make. It uses a panel called Dream Big Leaf, by Hoffman Fabrics.

We spent the afternoon in the garden. We have lots of tomato plants, some with flowers already. There are lots of plants coming up.







This group of raspberries has sure taken off this year.


The only fruit we are going to get are pears and cherries. There are lots of pears. you can see some of them in the next picture.


From these pictures you can see the cherries. Right now they look like green grapes, but there are lots of them




Tomorrow we need to go to the fabric store and get several different colors of thread to do the quilt I talked about above.  

Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

  1. Your garden looks amazing!!! Hope the cold doesn't hurt anything. Wish I had a cutter in the house ... it would be SO much easier!!! Beautiful quilt ... and I love the pieced back. I may have to start doing that too! Thanks for the idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Besides your gardening all those quilts will help you pass the time.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the weather.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete