Pages

Monday, October 19, 2020

Update

Riverton, Utah        High 71 Low 40

It has been way colder. Can winter be far behind? It is supposed to get down to 19 next Sunday with snow Sunday or Monday. I got a picture of the first snow fall on the mountains.

Why are we still here and not in Arizona? Cindy has decided she would like to have Thanksgiving and Christmas here before heading South. It has given me time to finish some quilts. Lately I have been doing the ones she is finishing now and haven't made much dent in the ones she made last winter.

Last Saturday we got a scare. Our grand son, Devon, was really ill and his mother was sure it was Coronavirus. She got tests taken Saturday and found out Sunday that it wasn't the virus, so she thinks it is just a bad cold. The problem with all of this is that we delivered some stuff to her on Friday. We had not gone inside and wore our masks, but still.... Devon likes to play football at school, which isn't exactly a no contact sport, and we were worried that it could have been the virus.



Sorry, the pictures aren't better.

We both have been busy in between quilting doing repairs to our home. We had a small rain a few days ago, and we found out we had a leak in our sunroom ceiling, so I called a roofer to see what he could find. He looked it over and couldn't find anything so I went and got some caulk and caulked all the places I thought rain might get in. Now we have to see what happens next time it rains. 

I'm still getting about 3 days to the gallon of gas, so we aren't traveling very far.

Now I have some more quilt pictures. I just finish a witch quilt that Cindy had embroidered the blocks a long time ago. she finally put it together and we think it turned out cute.




Cindy wanted to take pictures of me trimming the quilt to size on my cutting table, which is our pool table with the ping pong top on it. It has got lots more use as a cutting table than it ever did as a pool table. It makes a nice size cutting table, nine feet by five feet.


Some of the others didn't take too long to quilt, but still they turned out nice. Here are more quilt pictures of some of the ones I have finished lately.





Another reason we are not in too big a hurry to get to Yuma is that our Park isn't doing very much with the virus thing going on. Most activities are on hold and masks have to be worn anywhere in the clubhouse area. I sure hope this pandemic gets over soon but the news just said that the next three months probably will be worse than what we have had so far. Utah's numbers are way worse than they have been with hospitals at capacity.

Thanks for visiting.

 

4 comments:

  1. Just so you know, I'm copying all your quilt pictures so I can get the patterns!! The Halloween one is super cute. Glad that was not the virus your grandson had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your grandson is Virus-Free. From many reports the lasting effects are not good and would take years to recover.
    I never realized how much work went into quilts. Finding the right pattern really highlights the quilt itself. Cute Halloween Quilt.
    Lots of people have found extra uses for their Pool Tables.
    Be safe and Enjoy your hobby.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both do an amazing job on the quilts. I love all the detail on the Halloween one. I pay dearly for my quilt tops to be quilted. Is that all free hand stipulating? So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you ever sell the quilts? I would be interested in the which for my great granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete