Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Still In Quarantine

Yuma, Arizona                High 94 Low 64

It's getting a lot warmer here. The forecast for tomorrow is for a high of 98 With 103 Friday and over 100 for the next 7 days.

Paul, who helped with our stairs, wife Lisa left us a painted rock before they left. She left several through the Park.  I guess she got tired of doing nothing and decided to paint some rocks.


I was going stir crazy and decided to add the shelves in our other bed room like I did in Cindy's sewing room. This took me about a week and a half. I think they turned out nice. There was nothing there before except a blank wall.


We got a picture of a beautiful cactus blooms. They probably measure 6 inches across. If you look carefully you can see some bees pollinating the blooms. While we were looking at them a lot of honey bees were flying around.


Today we decided to go to Fry's for the senior hour which is from 6 to 7 AM. Surprise! They had some toilet paper and paper towels. There probably were only 6 or 8 packages of toilet paper and maybe 3 packages of paper towels. They were only allowing 1 package per family. We finally got some!

While we were there getting shower cleaner, a very tall man asked us if we wanted some hand disinfectant towels, which we gladly accepted. He was tall enough that he had hid some on one of the top shelves on his last trip to the store because the store only allowed one of them. He got himself another one this time. Look what we have become during these times of hoarding.

For now we are staying put here in Yuma. Cindy is still finishing quilt tops. I think she's probably nearing 40 for this season. When we get back to Utah, I'm way behind on my quilting.

Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

  1. Keeping busy inside while it's hot outside is better then putting up with storms in Utah right now.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen people go in the store, buy a bag of paper towels, put them in the car, then go BACK in the store and get more. At least you HAVE disinfectant towels. I haven't seen any at all here. Zero!! Keep sewing Cindy!! You're way ahead of me. I think I only have nine finished!!

    ReplyDelete