Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2013

5er Repairs October 27, 2013

 
Lincoln City, Oregon High 55 Low 41

When we woke up this morning it was raining and foggy. It was only supposed to be partly cloudy in the morning, and clearing in the afternoon. Looks like the weather forecasters missed it again.

We went to church this morning and got home about 1:30.

By 2:00 this afternoon it started to break up, and the sun came out. Right now it is partly cloudy and mostly clear, although it felt cold all day. I expect with the clear sky, it will get really cold.

I repaired the broken cable, which is the third time for the same one. There are 4 cables that pull the slides out and 4 that pull them in so on the 2 slides there are a total of 16 cables. As I have said before, the video on repairing it said for the cable to break, there is usually a misalignment somewhere, but when I measured everything, I couldn't tell that there was any alignment problem. This time while replacing the cable, I cut back a little of the rubber seal where the cable goes into the trailer. I found a really nasty looking hole which I tried to enlarge with a punch. I also knocked off part of the rough spot. I really hope this takes care of the breakage. I've done it enough, that it’s not a hard fix, but is really getting old. All the rest of the cables seem to be in good condition.

A little different view.






From this picture, you can see that only 2 strands of about 8 were still holding.







We spent the afternoon watching TV and working on Cindy’s quilt blocks.

Tomorrow we plan on doing some more sightseeing.


Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment