Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

Slow Days November 22, 2013

Riverton, Utah High 41 Low 30

As you can see, the days are slowly getting cooler. It is supposed to freeze tonight, and get even colder tomorrow night. At least it's not snowing, just cold.

Yesterday I spent part of the day working on Cindy's cook top. One of the burners wouldn't come one, so I tore into it to see if I could get a new electronic switch. Unfortunately no one in Salt Lake has the part, and in fact the parts place told me the part is no longer available. He did suggest I try on eBay and see if there was a replacement anywhere. There were a couple of places that had the new replacement for the old part number, so I ordered one. It is coming from California, and should be here by Monday. Cindy told me she would like to have all the burners working for Thanksgiving, and it looks like I'll be able to do that. After taking it all apart, I found out I went to a lot more work than I needed to. I could have left the top in the counter and just taken off the burners and the stainless top.  It will be a lot easier to replace the switch now that I know what I'm doing.

In the afternoon I worked on Quilting another quilt. It should be finished tomorrow and I'll put pictures on when I'm finished.

Today the Estate sale company we like was having two estate sale, so we went to them. The first didn't have anything we wanted.

The only thing we found at the second was an antique Pfaff sewing machine that we thought might be a nice addition to the Pfaff store we deal with, so I called him to see if he had any interest. They wanted $45.00 for what is probably a 1940's machine. He told us to go ahead and buy it for him, and I told him we would bring it over.



After we got  to his store, we plugged it in and it runs. It also came with a seat that has drawers in it to hold thread, feet, and even had an old oil can to oil the machine. He seemed glad to have it, and plans to display it in his store. Kind of a fun thing that probably is worth a lot more as an antique.




This afternoon, I worked on Cindy's quilt some more, and nearly got it done, before I got tired.

I' m afraid there's not much else going on. Thanks for visiting.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment