Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

One Week to Go!


 
 
It is almost time to leave.  The last few weeks have been so busy with retirement party, Christmas, and New Year’s.
 

 

 

 

 

 

 One of the highlights was going to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir’s Christmas concert and seeing the lights at Temple Square.  The guest performers this year were Alfie Boe and Tom Brokaw.  Mr. Brokaw told the story of Colonel Gail Halvorsen known as the "Candy Bomber".  During the Berlin blockade, Halvorsen started by giving candy to the children outside the base. He wanted to do more, so he told the children that he would drop candy as he flew over the children. He would wiggle the wings of his aircraft so the children would know it was his plane out of the many that were flying overhead. The children nickname him “Uncle Wiggly Wings” At the end of Tom Brokaw’s tribute, Colonel Havorsen walked on stage.  As he walked on stage small parachutes with candy fell from the ceiling. Everyone in the audience was on their feet, some with tears in their eyes.
 

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
My co-workers gave me a nice retirement party.  What was a surprise, was my son who lives in Phoenix walked up behind me. I have not seen Scot for about two years.  (My Christmas present from Ray.) I would like to say thanks to my co-workers for the great send out off.

 

 
Christmas was hectic! We are not use to having grandchildren on Christmas morning.  Children are what makes Christmas fun, to see their excitement and enthusiasm.

 
 
 
 
 
 
Looks like Santa was here...

 
 

 
 
 
After presents were opened, it was off to my mother’s home.  That is  where the family meets; my other children, grandchildren and two great-grandchildren that live in Orem and my sister and her husband.

New Year’s was spent watching movies and veg’ing out. Not too exciting.

 
 
Now it is time to gather up items to pack the 5er so we can leave.  We are scheduled to leave on the 9th for St. George then on to Quartzsite to meet up with the Boomers.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment