Pages

Friday, December 27, 2013

After Christmas Things

Riverton, Utah High 32 Low 18

Yesterday we went to Walmart to take advantage of there close out (50%) off on Christmas goodies. We got there early, or I'm sure that it all would have been gone.

One of Cindy's quilt store has an inventory reduction sale going on that gives her 35% off everything in the store. She has been wanting White and cream fabric, but no one ever seems to have it on sale. She bought quite a lot of it.

I finished one of her quilts, and she is in the process of finishing the binding. I'll put photos on when she gets through. She is still working on three or four quilts. She says I have quilted about all she has done this year, and am only 20 or so behind from other years. I don't want to overdo it and have nothing to do. LOL

We went to Camperworld today to turn in a list of our kids and to give them our membership card, so they can issue a new one. This is the RV Park system which allows us to belong to Coast to Coast, which we have used a lot. They also would let us belong to one of the other membership discount things, but I'm not sure which one. We also belong to Passport America, which we have also used some. From reading Nick Russell, he says it save a lot to belong to Recreation USA. If anyone has any advice on these type memberships, I would appreciate any advice you could give me.

This afternoon I went over to what used to be my shop to build some sheet metal covers for a couple of Cindy's planter boxes. While I was doing it, I forgot rule number one when working with sheet metal: the metal is as sharp as razor blades. Anyway I got a small cut from the metal. This and working in the cold just reinforces how glad I am in being retired.

We still think we will head south right after New Years Day, but we will have to see what the weather does.

That's about it for today, thanks for visiting.


No comments:

Post a Comment