Today was cloudy and fairly cool. Cindy had an appointment with the doctor this morning. He told her she was doing as well as expected and it was just going to take some time for her back to heal.
I feel kind of sad for her that here we are on our trip of a lifetime, and she is struggling to move around. She is able to get out of bed without being in so much pain though, so slowly she’s improving.
We are staying put for at least one more week to give her more time to recover. Once she gets well enough to travel, we probably will stay in Anchorage for a couple of days. After that we will have to decide which way we will go. A lot will depend on her back. The roads through Canada really aren't the best for someone with a hurt back, but we don’t want to be here when the snow flies. It’s a good thing we don’t have to meet any schedules, other than her promise to be home by Thanksgiving.
I tried fishing this afternoon, but the big run still isn't here. The dip-netters say they are doing alright and everyone expects the fishing to pick up very soon. I did see more fish being caught across the river from where we are staying, but you have to be in their campground to fish there.
I’m afraid I've been so worried about Cindy that I haven’t been able to really enjoy fishing, especially when I don’t see too many people catching them. I've had to cook and prepare more meals than I ever have, so I guess it has been a good experience for me.
That’s about all I have for the day, so thanks for checking in on us.