Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Computer woes. September 19, 2013

I was reading blogs this morning, and came across a new blog from Croft about his computer problems. The last few day I have been getting a pop-up every time I try to open some of our short cuts. One is our Alaska expenses folder and some are Cindy's recipes. I get the message that we don't have an authorized version of Microsoft Office installed on our computer, but this is funny because the computer is almost a year old, and has worked flawlessly until a couple of days ago. I'm afraid I don't want to spend 2 1/2 hours on the phone with Microsoft like Croft did, and then get told $99.00 please and we can fix it. Yesterday, I couldn't even open some of the attachments to emails, and they still won't open. What can I do? Any advise would be very welcome and appreciated. I might add, I attached a couple of the problem files to my brother, and he was able to open them without any problem. The message also says to buy a newer version of Office than is on my computer, but I really don't want to do that. Is this problem something Microsoft managed to send me?

Help!!

3 comments:

  1. I would send an email to Rick, http://rickpaulettervjournal.blogspot.com/
    to see if he can help you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My local computer guy told me I would be better off to simply reinstall Windows 7. He says it could be any number of things, even bad sectors on the hard drive which I am checking for right now. I will reload Windows after it is done checking and repairing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you picked up a virus. Try thinking back to when it might has started and do a system restore back to just before it started. I have found that USUALLY gets rid of the problem. Notice the usually. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete