Pages

Saturday, July 29, 2023

Yard Work and Another Quilt

 Riverton, Utah        High 99 Low 71

It has been so warm lately that poor Penny doesn't want to go out. I can't say I blame her.

We had a space on the side of our house that Cindy planted in mint, which she never used. It got totally out of hand and got kind of weedy also. We decided to take all the mint out and redo the space so it didn't need water. It took quite a bit of work, but this is the end result:

It took quite a bit of work getting the gravel from Home Depot (where I'm sure I'm one of their favorite customers) to this space, but it should be a lot easier to keep it looking good. I put some heavy gauge aluminum under the gravel so the weeds can't grow.

We have been picking apricots every day as they ripen. A lot fall from the wind and the birds, which have to picked up off the ground daily or twice a day. 

We have noticed that our garden doesn't seem to be getting ripe fruit as soon as our neighbors. For instance, we haven't had any large tomatoes yet, but our next door neighbor brought us some large tomatoes yesterday. There is noting better than a BLT with fresh tomatoes from a garden. The store bought ones just don't have the good flavor.

I was outside yesterday and saw that we had a visitor going from flower to flower:

It was very colorful.

I got another quilt finished. Again, with lots of pieces.


Yesterday, we went to a quilt store near us, that is going out of business. The price yesterday was 80% off retail. They didn't have much left, but we still managed to buy some material. About the only thing left was thread, so we decided to go back today for the last day with 90% off everything. I thought we would have a lot of competition for the thread, but there was only one other lady there. We bought what would have been $480.00 worth of thread for $48.00. It was all Mettler and Gutterman, so it was good thread. You might wonder why so much, but I told Cindy "Why not, when it is so Cheap". She shouldn't have to buy any colored thread for quite a while.

Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous!!! That thread works better on my sewing machines than any other. Great find!! And that quilt ... it actually looks like a pattern I could make!! I love the side yard space ... great idea. Maybe I can do the same thing!!

    ReplyDelete