Pages

Sunday, July 23, 2023

Fruit and One More Quilt

Riverton, Utah      High 100 Low 73

It still has been very hot. We get a few cloudy days, but no rain.

Our apricots are almost ready. We have picked a few, but for the most part, they are not quite ripe enough yet.


Last night I took Penny for her nightly walk. I had to wait until it was a little cooler. Here in Utah, we celebrate Pioneer Day, which is July 24. the day the Pioneers first entered Salt Lake Valley in 1847. Because it was so late when I took Penny out, the fireworks started right after we started walking. Penny and I had made it to the corner when they started and she refused to go any further. She turned around and wanted to get home as quickly as possible. When we got home, she shivered every time she heard an explosion. My poor baby is deadly afraid of the explosions, so for the next three night, while it is legal to set off fire works, she will be afraid every evening. 

Cindy thought her onions were ready to pick, and so she pulled them up and is letting them dry out some. It looks like a lot of onions to me.

Yes, I know, onions are a vegetable and not a fruit.

I got one more of Cindy's quilts finished. This one is a large king size. She still likes lot of pieces.




Lastly, we learned yesterday, that two of our friends that live here in Riverton and have a lot in our Park in Yuma, were in the South Pacific. They got in a head on collision and she was killed and her husband had to be flown to Australia to a hospital because of internal injuries. He is expected to be all right and his daughter-in-law said he is expected to be released in a few days.

Thanks for visiting. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh ... I'm so sorry to hear about your friends. That's awful!! Prayers to their family.
    You certainly do have a lot of apricots!! Apricot jam is one of my favorites. And that quilt!!! Fabulous!! Way too many pieces (LOL) but gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our pups truly hated fireworks. And I'm not fond of it either. Poor Penny. I am so sorry about your friends.

    ReplyDelete