Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Headed for Albuquerque


Salina, Utah         High 88 Low 57

We have noticed what looked like thousands of geese heading south for the last few days. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to get a picture with the sky full of them, but I did manage to get a few.


Yesterday we went to Trader Joe’s in Salt Lake. Afterward we went to a restaurant called the Philadelphian. This was the second time in a couple of weeks. This time we had the fried onion rings. I don’t think I have ever seen so much bread batter before. They were a meal by themselves. 

We finally got on the road at about 10:00 this morning. We wanted to leave Thursday, but the campground couldn't accommodate us. We only had about a three hour drive, so we stopped to visit with Cindy’s Mom on our way south. We were told that the place where she is only expects her to be there a week or maybe two and then she will go home. She seemed to be in good spirits today.

On the way, the truck seemed to get hot a few places that it shouldn’t have and I didn’t remember hearing the fan kick in. So I’m guessing that the fan clutch has quit working properly.

When we got settled in to the Butch Cassidy RV Park at about 2:00, I drove back to town to see if I could get a new fan clutch. The NAPA Auto Parts here didn’t have one for my truck. I tried to get one in Richfield which is only about 15 miles away, but they didn’t have one at any of the Auto Parts stores, so I ended up driving to a NAPA store in Ephriam, which is 40 miles away. I decided I wanted to get it so after an hour and a half, I got back. This one on the Duramax engine looks to be a lot harder to change than the one Kevin talked about changing, but I don’t have a dog house in the way. There are still a lot of shrouds to take off, and this one mounts on the engine with a large nut and not 4 bolts. I guess I’ll find out tomorrow.

This evening my daughter, Paula, drove up from Richfield to see us. We decided to go to the local Mexican Restaurant. We all had different things, which were too much food to eat, so we will have left-overs another day.




We will head toward Albuquerque again on Monday. Here is a picture I got of the Balloon we are assigned to that was on the internet.
Thanks for visiting.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the fan clutch... You'll get it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the Balloon Fiesta and beautiful daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad Cindy's Mom is feeling so good. And you guys are on the road to more fun and adventures. Or you will be once you get that stupid belt changed. Always something.

    ReplyDelete