Pages

Friday, August 21, 2015

Birthday Party

Riverton, Utah      95 Low 61

It is still kind of warm here and the smoke is still in the air.

This afternoon we went to a birthday party for one of our friends. Walt is 95 and had a lot of family to wish him happy birthday. I told Cindy I would be glad to be in as good of shape when I'm 95. To look at him, you wouldn't know he was that old. He also had a brother there that is 2 years older than him. All I can say is "Happy Birthday, Walt".

Before our last trip, I kept having a check engine light come on. When I had the computer checked, all that came up was EGR problem. It didn't seem to bother how the truck drove, but I got tired of seeing the light on and then off, so I had it worked on. The EGR had to be replaced and then the Chev dealer reprogrammed something on the computer. I don't know if you see where this is going, but as a result, my mileage went out the window. I lost at least 2 miles per gallon pulling the trailer and at least 5 MPH running around without the trailer. All this in the name of better emissions. I'm not sure how loosing mileage is helping the environment, but if I had it to do over, I would have pulled the light globe and left the EGR alone.

To make a long story short, I took it to get a chip put on, which is supposed to help the mileage. I sure hope so. He is also going to check the exhaust brake, which I can't tell if it's working, so I guess that it isn't. I'm still happy that I put disc brakes on the trailer, they really do make a lot of difference in how we can stop.

We are busy trying to get everything ready for our next trip, and Cindy is still overdoing in the yard.We have most of our to-do's finished, but there are still a few to go.

Thanks for visiting.


No comments:

Post a Comment