Pages

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Oh No! It’s Set in Stone


Rapid City, South Dakota High 68 Low 52

Today has been cloudy and rainy. We are supposed to get better weather tomorrow. This afternoon it rained harder than I have seen for a while.

As you may know, I like to use Coast to Coast whenever possible. With the Fourth of July holiday coming up on us, I got to wondering where we would be able to stay for the Holiday. I looked at several possibilities, but most weren't allowing Coast to Coast in for the weekend and some for a whole week. I finally found a Resort in Michigan that would allow us to come in for the Holiday (July 3 through 10th). So I went ahead and booked places to stay from now till the 10th Of July.

Cindy likes to say I’m more a fly by the seat of my pants type, and maybe I am. But, for the Fourth of July, I didn't want to be caught parking at Wal-Mart or Cabela’s for a week.

We are going to stay one night in Mitchell, South Dakota, then a week in Northwest Iowa. The next week we hope to be in Minnesota, (depends of what the lady in the office here can make happen) or further east in Iowa. Then we have a week in Wisconsin. The Week after that we have booked at a Park by Elkhart, Indiana. Then when we get to Michigan, I hope to see my son and daughter-in-law and we will see what happens next.

Even though we have reservations for the next five week, I can’t keep booking campgrounds. I’m too much of a “we will see what happens or see where we are next” kind of person. lol  For the Holiday, I had to make an exception.


Thanks for visiting.

PS. I wanted to see Mike and Pat McFall while we were in the area, but when I called Pat, she said they wouldn't be coming to Custer this summer. It seems, she has had some health issues and won't be able to make it. I wish them well.

No comments:

Post a Comment