Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Another Laid Back Day

Sublette, Illinois High 81 Low64

We spent the morning doing laundry in preparation for moving tomorrow. We will be staying near Elkhart, Indiana in a Coast to Coast Park.

Today is cloudy but at least there is no rain forecast till the weekend. Maybe we are having a long dry spell for a change. (2 days in a row of dry weather would be a record for us, so far.)

I was hoping to drive over to Sandwich to meet Donna and Dennis Cave, but they are tied up with family health issues. I hope our paths cross sometime in the future, and wish them well with their health issues.

I am sorry, but my House on the Rock pictures are probably getting old, but they are as much to help me remember what we have seen, as for your pleasure. So here goes:

The next group of pictures are from the aviation collection. This is the collection Alex Jordan was working on when he died. It give a brief history of aviation and copies of newspaper articles about the different things that happened in the past.



 


There are many model planes and balloons overhead as you go through.




I have no idea what the large tractor has to do with flying, but it is in the same area.


And of course, there is more stained glass.


There are many more collections, but they will have to wait for another day.

Thanks for visiting.


1 comment:

  1. I'll never get tired of the photos. It's one place we continue to visit when we are in the area. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I know it's pricey but after it's said and done if you took the cost and figured out what it cost per hour it's not so bad.

    ReplyDelete