Pages

Sunday, October 13, 2024

My Hand Is Okay

 Riverton, Utah          High 81 Low 56

The weather here has been warmer than normal, about 20 degrees warmer, and new records have been set. Next Thursday is supposed to get back to normal.

I went to the hospital to the hand surgeon to get the pin nail taken out of my hand. They gave me a local in my hand, but wouldn't let me watch. The Doctor announce at 11 minutes he had the nail. They took me back to my room and let me get dressed and leave. I had to keep my hand dry for 10 days until I went to have the Doctor look at my hand again. He had put in self dissolving stitches and said everything looked good. I just have to keep brandade's on my hand for a while.

In the meanwhile, I finished two quilts, one of which took me two weeks to do. There are lots of different patterns and thread colors. 








The other quilt is smaller (although not much) and I was able to do an over all pattern. This one only took a day to do. Cindy had some blocks left over, which we incorporated into the back. The quilt front and back are flannel.





We slowly have been getting ready to head south to Yuma, but with all the warm weather, the walnut tree leaves haven't started to fall. We feel like we need to wait until they are picked up to leave because the dead leaves will kill the lawn if left .

Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

  1. Really happy to hear that the hand is fine and no permanent damage done. We're only going to be in the 90s today so I think we just might be done with those summer temps. At least I sure hope so. Beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cringe every time I think about that nail in your hand. OUCH!!! Glad they got it out with no damage. That quilt you made ... it's just gorgeous!! Even with all those Y seams!! Hope the leaves fall soon, though I think it's still pretty hot down south.

    ReplyDelete