Pages

Friday, May 29, 2020

Just A Little Hot

Yuma, Arizona           High 108 Low 75

It's a good thing for air conditioning. Whenever we go outside after about 9:00 in the morning, it's like getting hit with a furnace.

Today I went to Fry's and used their pick-up service. The main problem I can see with the pick-up area is that there is no shade. I had to leave the truck running while I waited to get my order and the truck's outside thermometer kept going higher and higher. The following picture is the hottest I saw while waiting:


128 degrees Fahrenheit is awfully hot. I'm sure glad the truck AC works.

While we are still here Cindy and I finished up another UFO (Un-Finished Object for you non quilters). This one was a kit that Cindy says we bought in Soldotna, Alaska the summer we were there at a yard sale. We have had the kit since 2013, that's a long time to keep a UFO. It is Called Early Snow and is supposed to be a wall hanging. Cindy always says her walls don't need to be kept warm and so we added the flying geese and two more borders and turned it into a throw.


The deer, snow and tree on the right side are applique. The main part of the quilt is Bellagio.

I have been watching a bird in a nest at the grass where I take Penny. I am pretty sure there are babies but if so, they stay pretty well hidden. I did get a picture with the mother sitting on the nest.


Penny's tooth appointment is next Tuesday and then we will think about going back to Utah.

We have been notified that our Church is opening up again, but with lots of restrictions: Families sit together no closer than 6 feet to anyone else and only every other row. Face masks are recommended but not mandatory. For now anyone over 65 or any illness are asked not to attend and the meeting will be shortened. There will be no song books and they are asking that everyone leave immediately after the service and not to come early. They are trying to be careful with the corona-virus thing. How life has changed for everyone!

Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

  1. You should have cooked your breakfast on the Truck while waiting for your groceries.
    Nice Throw Quilt.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the AC.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that lap quilt!! Yeah I'm pretty sure I have some from many years ago just sitting in boxes under my table. That 128 is a little too high for me. I'm having trouble getting through 106!!! At least in Utah you will be MUCH cooler.

    ReplyDelete