Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

We Are Still Staying Busy

Yuma, Arizona         High 70 Low 55

After all the hot weather (almost 90) it has cooled off here in Yuma. Last night it rained hard for a while.

Cindy is busy working on quilt number 11 for this year. Yes, you read that right, She has finished 10 quilts in the 2 months we have been here. Actually if you count an embroidery project she has going, she is working on her 12th quilt but she doesn't count that one because she says she won't get it finished this year.

I have been busy most mornings playing shuffle board. On Tuesdays we either go to another Park to play in a fun tournament or another Park comes here.

I have had my projects going also. Cindy told me she didn't have enough storage room, so I found a dead space in the hall that gives her 9 Cubic feet of space. On that project I'm waiting on a cabinet company to build a frame and two cabinet doors to match the others in the hall.

Then in what is her sewing room when the house was finished the closet is made square with a 45 degree space going to the door. I got the idea that if I opened that space up it would make a great place for shelves. So that is what I'm working on now. Our neighbor, Ron, helped me cut the shelves out of plywood and also the support boards.




The supports are all different lengths for the six shelves and it was like a jig saw puzzle to get them fit.


It took some work but I finally got all the supports in. Today I got the shelf framing and sheet rock ready to Paint.



From the above picture you can see how much room was buried in the space. I still think it will make nice shelves for Cindy.

I have been watching our friend George Yates' blog and am sorry to see how ill he is. We are hoping and praying for him. I know it must be hard for him and Susie.

Thanks for visiting.



3 comments:

  1. Nice job on those shelves. The rain has been wonderful but I would like to see temps in the 70s not 50s and 60s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! GREAT space for fabric, or quilts!! It's making me want to organize MY closets!! I'm behind ... only seven finished so far. I'm anxious to hear how Cindy's new machine is working. I looked at one last week. VERY cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy has really been busy with all those quilts.
    Great Space Saving with those Shelves.
    We are all praying for George and Suzie.
    Be Safe and enjoy the Yuma temperatures.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete