Pages

Friday, November 29, 2019

Finished The Sewing Room and Happy Thanksgiving

Yuma, Arizona           High 61 Low 45

It has been cold lately and last night we got a lot of rain. When I took Penny out for her last time last night, the rain started so hard that she turned around and headed for the door to our home. I had an umbrella but she wanted nothing to do with it.

Since my last post, I got the shelves finished in the corner of Cindy's sewing room and we added some cabinets for her sewing stuff. We found them at 2 different yard sales and I painted them. I also mounted her TV in the corner where she could watch it while sewing. Cindy said she is happy with the end result.




Yesterday we hauled Cindy's decorations to the ballroom so she and the other ladies at our table could decorate the table for Thanksgiving dinner. I think it turned out nice.



These are some of the other tables



There were about 200 people at the dinner, Not all of the tables got decorated.






The Park supplies the turkey and gravy and the people at the table supply all the rest of the feast. It is really easy to over eat. and when it is over there are always left overs to take home for another meal or two.




The kids a home sent pictures of our dining room table. It looks like Cindy taught them well. If you look in the background, it looks like about four inches of snow on our front porch. While I think it is cold in Yuma, the fifteen degrees in Utah is cold. It makes me glad we are here and not home in Utah.


I hope you each had as Happy a Thanksgiving as we did.

Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

  1. That's so nice of the park to have Thanksgiving dinner for everyone. I can just imagine the side dishes you got to sample. LOVE the new storage area for Cindy. All my stuff remains on the floor. There's nothing better than an organized sewing room. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete