Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2024

Friends Made It Here

 Riverton, Utah         High 96 Low 70

It has been almost unbearably hot here and is supposed to stay that way for the next week.

I finished another Christmas quilt.





We were expecting visitors. Sandi Dixon made it last Friday and stayed with us for 2 days on the way to Montana. We had a good visit. She writes Where Are The Dixons Today. 

We were also expecting Nancy Kissack. She said she would be here Saturday at 1:00 pm, but forgot about the time change and that she never travels the speed limit, so she got here at 3;00 pm. In one of her texts, she said have the ice cream waiting, so we had a dish of ice cream for her as soon as she got parked. Sorry for the poor pictures. 





We did get better pictures of Sandi and Nancy.


Nancy and I quilted one of her quilts, which was too large for her machine, and she hadn't quilted much custom. I hope I helped her with the custom quilting a little bit. I had her do some of the stitch in a ditch part.


She seemed more comfortable with this part when we got through. 

We finished her quilt today. I hope she is happy with it. 




Cindy liked it well enough, that she wants to do one like it.

Tomorrow we are going to do our own Quilt Store Shop Hop. There are about a dozen quilt shops to go to, several, Nancy hasn't been to before. The only bad part is that she won't be able to buy any material because she says she hasn't got any storage in her van.

Thanks for visiting.

4 comments:

  1. I had such a great time with you guys. Thank you so much for everything. It was fun to meet Nancy and I'm sure she learned a lot from you. The quilts are beautiful. BUT - I told you to destroy that picture. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Sandie!!! It was so nice to meet you too! I can't tell you how much I learned .... this was what I needed to get motivated to sew more. It was the ice cream that saved the day for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandie looked like she was enjoying herself.
    That was a lot of quilting that I saw taking place over the days.
    Don't tell Nancy there are Sealed Storage Units that hook into the Hitch Receiver.
    Be Safe in the heat and Enjoy the adventures.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete