Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2022

Working On The Driveway and More Quilts

 Riverton, Utah     High 83 Low 61

We finally got some rain, not a lot but enough to cool things off. It has been cloudy all week and is supposed to continue next week.

I finally got everything straightened out from the scammer problems. Hopefully they leave me alone, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I spent quite a bit of time working on the driveway down the side of our home. Half of it settled toward the fence on the whole side, which lifted up the middle. I had put some epoxy in it a few years ago, and it settled further which meant I had to grind the joint (all 100 feet of it). It goes the length of the home and the covered patio. This time I used a type of caulk that is supposed to stay flexible. While it was still sticky, I put sand on it so it doesn't look like grey caulk. It was a lot of work.





We think better and now it looks a lot better and winter's ice and water can't get into the joint to further break the concrete.

It looks so good, that I decided to seal all the joints in the driveway in front of the garage doors. The joints here had spread enough, that we were afraid of winter's ice here also. Next week, I'll work on the concrete in front of the back garage. It seems like there is always something to fix.

In between all of this I managed to get two quilts done for Cindy. One of them she had pieced before, but this time in different colors.



This one took a while in between working on the driveway. All the different heart patterns on the borders took a bit of time.


This ghost quilt took me a lot less time to quilt than it took Cindy to sew.




I was able to do an overall pattern on it and It only took a few hours to quilt.

Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the quilts!! I'll get that pattern to you one way or another. It's a 36 page monster. Thinking I'll bring it with me in January. I didn't know you could patch concrete ... I have a few cracks in my driveway. I don't think I'm going to tackle that job though.

    ReplyDelete