Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2022

The Scammers Are Alive And At It

Riverton, Utah       High 82 Low 60

We finally got some rain and a little cooler weather for a few days.

A week ago I got woke up by a text from my credit card company asking if a charge to my Visa was legitimate. Had I charged a tv at Sam's Club at 4:00 EDT. Of course I texted back no. They then told me to check all charges and when I checked the card there were four charges at Sam's Club to be delivered to somewhere in Florida. I got on the phone to my card company to report the four fraudulent charges. I also called Sam's Club to report the charges. They told me they were only able to stop 2 of the charges. When I checked the shipping address, it had somewhere in Florida with Riverton, Utah at the bottom. When I checked the tracking for the tv and 45 pairs of pool slippers, the shipments made it to Salt Lake City. Fed EX said they had corrected the address, to mine, but they got stalled, where they have been for a week. Maybe Sam's Club did get them stopped.

Mean while my credit card got cancelled, meaning all my recurring charges to the card had to be changed to Cindy's card. I finally got my new card today. Yes, the Credit card Company reversed the charges.

In between all of this someone changed my password at Sam's Club. I changed it back to one of my own only to have them change it again. I finally put Cindy's email on the account and cancelled any credit card at Sam's, so they no longer have a card on file. Then the scammers did the same thing to my Verizon account, so again I put Cindy's email account on Verizon. 

Now if this wasn't enough hassle, in the last two weeks I got letters from three different banks telling me that the credit card I had applied for was declined. According to the letter my credit rating is quite high but they couldn't give me a card. The only problem with all of this, which had my name and address right, was that I hadn't applied for any of the credit cards. I checked with America One Bank at a branch near us and the letter was legitimate, but whoever had applied had a birthday in 1973 and the wrong last 4 numbers of social security number. I expect that might be the reason they were declined, along with I have credit locks on my credit reports at the reporting agency's. Sometimes I wish my birthday was in 1973, but I'm a "little" older that that. 

This will date me, but I remember when hamburgers sold for a quarter and sometimes they had a special for 15 cents. I like to tell my kids that I'm so old, that when I was a kid, the Dead Sea was still sick.  

Now one more quilt, this one is a Sunflower panel with blocks around it. I used a lot of different Sunflower patterns on the quilt (one border is Daisy's).





The sunflowers and bird are poofed up. Sorry they don't show up in the pictures.


Sorry about all the ranting, but some people should get a real job.

Thanks for visiting.

4 comments:

  1. Wow ... how do those guys get your info in the first place? They have to at least have your email address and basic information. Luckily the banks don't make us pay any more. The ones that tried that on my credit card got stopped by the UPS driver who didn't think that house could afford the three computers he was delivering. He did not make the delivery and returned them to the seller. Lucky for me. I've put a credit lock on everything I have. It's just getting crazy. LOVE the quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for all the hassle. It's just so frustrating and so much work to get it straightened out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's crazy people can get away with that. Good thing you caught them. LOVE the quilt. I posted a comment once, but it disappeared? Hope this one sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad they never seem to catch those Scammers. A good punishment would be to give them a minimum wage job and have them pay off the debts they cause.
    They ordered a couple of Tool Cabinets for me. I got a refund minus the shipping which I should not have had to pay.
    Nice job on the Quilt.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete