Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2020

We Escaped For a While

 Riverton, Utah         High 78 Low 46

Cindy had a Doctor appointment yesterday morning. 

After her appointment, I had two trellises I wanted to get power coated, so we took them to Lindon to a powder coater I have dealt with in the past.

We wanted to go see the fall colors, which were supposed to be better than the last time we went up the canyon, so we headed toward American Fork Canyon. On the way there we drove past a house that had decorated for Halloween and had to turn around to take some pictures. The people sure went all out on their decorating.







I liked this part.

We then drove to the canyon. There usually is a Fee Station but it was closed, but with our Golden Age Pass we wouldn't have had to pay anyway.

We then drove to Tibble Fork Reservoir to take more pictures and stop at one of the picnic areas on the way. Here we were able to get more pictures.








We then drove further up the canyon to Cascade Springs to see more scenery. There are trails and board walks that take you above the head of the springs and we walked to the top. It is about 8000 foot elevation and we both we feeling the effects. (The elevation and the fact that we haven't been doing much since the virus came along.) The springs put out quite a lot of water.



This is the head of the springs,




You can see that there is a lot of water coming down.

At least, this time, we got to see some fall colors. While they are not as brilliant as the eastern US, They weren't too bad for Utah. We were glad we went.

Of course I have to include a few quilt photos.



This one took me a week to do since I had to design the patterns so the computer could quilt them. I like how it turned out.

Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE those decorations. I'm definitely a Halloween girl! If I wasn't working, that's what my yard would look like! Beautiful scenery. I noticed when in Colorado, the colors are all changing. That quilt ... oh my goodness!!! That pattern is one I have ready to make, but I'll never have that gorgeous quilting. You are a master, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice that people are still able to get in the spirit of the season.
    Colourful pictures of the trees.
    A Beautifully designed Quilt. Very note worthy.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete