Pages

Friday, July 24, 2020

Finally Quilting

Riverton, Utah    High 87  Low 64

We got a little rain this afternoon. It was a little cooler than it has been.

We have been working hard since we got home and the yard finally looks like we have done something. One of the past posts showed a big mess in the back yard, which is now gone.


It looks a lot better.

Cindy got a lot of flowers planted and her pots placed and filled with mulch. She says she is waiting until fall to plant them.




This squash is getting big, but so far no squash.

Cindy's tomatoes are quite large and we have had a few cherry tomatoes.

We both think the back yard looks a lot better than it did with all the weeds.

We also finally got the carpet re-stretched and it looks a lot better. I don't know why it took so long to get anyone here to do it, but the man that came out did an excellent job and I thought it would take him a lot longer than it actually did.

These next pictures of of a Lonestar quilt I finished. Cindy has been sewing down the binding.




I am now working on a dog quilt. I added extra batting where each dog's picture is, and it make the dogs really pop out. I have tried to show how much on the pictures, but they really don't show what I wanted.





This edge view kind of shows how high the dog pictures stand up. Hopefully one of the great grand kids likes the quilt. We don't know which one will get it.

Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

  1. You've done a great job outside and are no continuing with the quilts inside.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you know how I love your quilting! That looks fabulous. I love the puppies!!! The yard looks great too. Nice to have a place to grow veggies.

    It's hard to find someone to stretch carpet without buying new. I found a great guy but it cost me $300!!!

    Our Indio rally has been cancelled so I'm making early January reservations in your park with Jenna(?). Hope to stay about ten days so Cindy and I can spend a lot of money on fabric!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete