Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Still In Yuma

Yuma, Arizona               High 111 Low 80

From the temperature here it is a good thing for an AC that works. We don't go out much and we are glad we are in a house and not our fiver.

Yesterday Penny had an appointment with the Veterinarian for teeth cleaning and we thought a few teeth pulled. I had to have her there at 7:15 in the morning and they told me they would call when we could pick her up. It is kind of like pick-up at the grocery store: when you get there you call and tell them you are there and they send someone out to pick up Penny. They are masked and they take her inside.

After about 30 minutes I got a call from the Veterinarian to tell me that when they x-rayed Penny's jaw, the infection and decay was a lot worse than they thought at first and that their estimate of charges was going to be about double what they thought last time. Instead of being a thousand dollars, it was going to cost up to two thousand. I ended up paying eighteen hundred. Of coarse I told them to go ahead. They told me they had to pull 21 of her teeth which is one half.

Finally at about 1:00 I got a call to pick her up at 2:30. She was still a little groggy. they told me that the pain killer they gave her was good for 24 hours and to give her more this morning. By about 10:00 she started to hurt but I didn't dare give her the pain killer, so Cindy and I and Penny all  had a bad night. Also they cautioned me about not letting her scratch her jaw, so I put the cone of shame they gave me on her for the night. We were afraid that while we were sleeping she might do some damage to the stitches.We still have to watch her but as long as we hold or watch her we haven't put the cone back on. Right after I first put the cone on her, she somehow got out of it and I had to tie it on better.

With her pain meds she acted a lot better today but we can tell she is still in pain She isn't eating much but is doing a little better. She sure wants us to hold her most of the time.

The vets want to look at her on the 16th, so we will be here at least till then. We are hoping it doesn't get much warmer before we are able to leave.

We did finish another UFO. This time a nursery rhyme embroidered quilt. There were two sizes of blocks and we didn't have a pattern, so we had to figure out how to lay it out.




I think it turned out pretty well.

Thanks for visiting

3 comments:

  1. Poor baby. When Rocky had the hole in his mouth fixed and the rest of his teeth pulled, he felt miserable for about three days and then back to his normal grumpy self. Once she heals she is going to feel so much better. We are still planning on heading out the 14th. Going up through Nevada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm certain that you were feeling Penny's Pain as well.
    That quilt will really be a winner with all the nursery rhymes.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the AC.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww poor little Penny. Luckily my dogs teeth have always been very good. No teeth pulling so far. I attribute it to Dentalife chew sticks. I sure hope she's feeling better now. The costs are crazy. I actually yelled at my Vet and got the cost cut in half for Jessie's last surgery. Sorry it was so much for you, but Penny is worth it ... sweet little girl. Love that nursery rhyme quilt!!

    ReplyDelete