Monday, May 5, 2014

Home Again

Riverton, Utah High 75 Low 46

We enjoyed our time away, but the weather forecast for the last few days has been bothering both Cindy and I. There were high winds predicted and rain and snow off and on for  the next 4 days in the part of Utah we were in. Woodland is on the south-west side of the Uintah Mountains. It is about 2500 ft higher in elevation (6700 ft. high there) than Salt Lake City, and while it might rain in Salt Lake, It probably will snow there.

The day started out nice enough, but we wanted to get home before the wind started, so we left fairly early. It was an uneventful 2 hour drive home.

After we got home, the sky clouded up, and it is supposed to start raining after midnight. We both decided we would rather be home than watch the rain or dreaded snow come down while sitting in an RV Park, especially when we were as close to home as we were.

I spent the afternoon working on our sprinkler system cleaning screens and rotating sprinkler heads. I hope I got Cindy's dry spots taken care of.

She still has her Dr. appointment on the 20th to look forward to, and we probably will wait to see the results of all the tests before we go any where else.

By the way, my cold or whatever I had seems to be almost gone, as I'm feeling a lot better this evening, although I'm a little tired.

Thanks for visiting.


  1. Glad you made it home before the weather showed up. Nice to get settled in after a long time away. Hope things go well at Cindy's doctor appt.

  2. I don't blame you for wanting to be at home. The thought of an RV and snow just don't go well together. Glad you are feeling better.

  3. It is good to be home. I just can't believe that you have to deal with the threat of snow.

  4. Isn't it a lot quicker to set up and hitch up with Level Ups? If you make a decision to leave right away, it takes no time to get down the road.