Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2022

Class Reunion

 Riverton, Utah        High 78 Low 51

It is typical fall weather for September.

Yesterday I attended my High School Reunion. We were supposed to have our 60th two years ago, but it got cancelled because of the virus. So this year we had an eightieth reunion because most of us are at least 80 years old. Yes, I'm getting old and some days I feel it. We had about 65 people show up with their spouses, so we had a good, large turnout. 

We had, as I remember, 543 graduate the year I graduated in 1960. Of that number almost 200 have died, with about 150 that no one knows where they are. 


The Reunion was held in the back yard of one of the graduates. It was a really nice backyard, with a gorgeous view. 

We had some entertainment, one of which was Dale Myrberg. He demonstrated some of his yo-yo tricks. A long time ago, I used to go to yo-yo contests and competed against him. The difference is that he kept it up, and became famous. He even was on the Smothers Brothers TV show at one time. At age 54, he was the oldest person to win the World Championship Yo-yo contest. His record still stands today. In 2005 he was inducted into the Yo-yo Hall of Fame (something I had never heard of).



In the last picture. he knocked a quarter off the ear of each of the two participants with his yo-yo.

It was good to see and visit with some of my old High School friends.

And finally, no post is complete without some quilts. 

The first one is one Cindy had made before. It has a Forth of July theme.






The next one is one I quilted for a customer.


Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

  1. Funny ... we just had our reunion too. I used to organize them, but could not the last time. The guy who did spent all the money, so this year they just met at the Lake ... and maybe 35 people showed up. I love the Yo-Yo guy. Yeah I tried my hand at that for a few years to no avail. Never heard of a Yo-Yo Hall of Fame either!!! Good for him!!

    ReplyDelete