Pages

Saturday, April 10, 2021

Back in Utah

 Riverton, Utah   High 63 Low 34

We drove back to Utah from Yuma on the first of April. I don't know if it was because it was Easter weekend, but we had almost 700 miles of lots of traffic with more police than I ever remember. Las Vegas was especially bad. We did have nice weather all the way with only a little wind. 

For the first time, the border check station south of Quartzsite was closed and the news keeps telling about all the immigration at the Mexico border.

It has been a little cool here with quite a bit of wind. It even snowed one morning but it all melted by noon. 

I needed to get back to do some quilting for my only customer. She had three quilts for me to do. I got those finished and have started on Cindy's quilts.

I felt like I needed to see a dermatologist to look at some spots on my head and when he checked me out, he told me that some were pre-melanoma and used liquid nitrogen to freeze them off. He did suggest that I wear a hat more when I'm outside in the sun.

Our quilt store told us that batting was scheduled to get a price increase, so I bought enough to last me a while. 

Cindy has been making more quilts and doing lots of yard work. She still over-does and ends up with her back hurting every night. She has started planting flowers and getting the garden ready. My daughter Paula is supposed to come out this afternoon to help Cindy plan the garden. She also wants to plant some things.

One reason Cindy wanted to come back so soon was to see her Daffodils which we haven't been able to see for a while. She got to see a lot of them this time.

We still don't know if we are going to do any traveling this summer but Linda, Cindy's sister, has said she would like to see Olympic National Park in Washington. We haven't seen it either and think it would make a good trip. We're not sure what there is to see and do there and I'm sure Linda will research it. We all like the coast. We were close to the Park once but didn't make it there. I still need to work on the trailer brakes. 

We went to our first yard sale yesterday and Cindy found some material for a good price. She got about 5 yards for $3.00. We also found a few other things that we didn't know we needed.  

Sorry, no pictures this time.

Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

  1. The main thing is that you made it Safely Home.
    Enjoy your Spring Gardens.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Easter week was definitely full of traffic. I'm always happy to see the highway patrol on the road, unlike in California where I travel 500 miles and see not one single patrol car, and everyone is going 85 mph.

    I rather imagine you bought out all the batting, which is why the price is going up! LOL. Give Penny some pats for me.

    ReplyDelete