Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Very Busy

Riverton, Utah          High 96 Low 66

I heard on the TV last night that Salt Lake temperatures are about 10 degree above normal for this time of year with no relief in sight. In fact the whole of Arizona and New Mexico is above normal for the time of year. Cindy reminded me that last winter Yuma had an unusually cool winter. What's up with this weather?

Since we have been home we have done a lot of pruning on the apricot tree and more is needed but we don't want to stress the tree too much so are going to wait until next year to do much more pruning.

We got all the apricots we wanted and are constantly picking up fallen one the birds and yellow jackets have knocked down.

Today we got some defective windows replaced. After 20 years the seal between the two panes of glass warped badly. Fortunately for us it was only 4 of the smaller picture windows on the south side of our home while the larger ones still look alright.

The tires on our truck were getting pretty worn and I was only going to replace the 4 rear tires but when we checked the depth on the front, they weren't too far behind. I had a 50,000 mile warranty on the tires and since we had only gone 31,000 of  it, Discount tires was able to give me almost $300.00 credit toward new ones and also had a $70.00 rebate if I bought 4 tires. They still cost a lot but we will feel a lot safer when we take the fifth wheel for our next trip.

It seems like I have spent a lot of money on the truck and trailer but it is still less than if we were to buy a new truck.

I have also been busy quilting and Cindy has been making more quilts for me to do. She doesn't seem to want me to run out of things to do.

We still plan on visiting Cindy's daughter Stephanie at her home an hour from the middle of nowhere. They are between Moab and Monticello by the Colorado border.

On a more somber note: my sister that has leukemia is now at home and according to my other sister, she seems to be growing weaker and weaker all the time. Today we got a message that said she is in more pain and is not eating very well.

That's about all the news today.

Thanks for visiting.




1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. Sending prayers for her.
    Seems there is always something with the house or the RV. It's only money, right?
    I'm really looking forward to Yuma and Q. It's GOT to be cooler then!!

    ReplyDelete