Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2018

2018 Yuma Light Parade

Yuma, Arizona                 High 70 Low 52

Yesterday was the 16th annual Yuma Light Parade. This years theme was Yuma Agriculture, although I'm not sure what Snow men and rain deer have to do with agriculture. Also the large Christmas tree and balloon snow flake also didn't seem to have anything to do with farming.




Our Park chose to be Red Hot Peppers. We even had two sets of farmers, one to lead the group and one to bring up the rear.




The rear farmers were driving a golf cart decorated to look like a John Deere Tractor.


We had 29 bike riders along with the two carts.





I think we all had a good time. I managed to pick up a goat-head burr and ended up with a flat tire about a half mile from the end of the Parade. I noticed it getting hard to pedal and finally found out the front tire was flat. I then pushed it for about 5 blocks and me and the people I came with walked our bikes to the place where the truck was parked. The plus side of that was that we got home about an hour quicker than last year.

In spite of the flat tire, I still had a good time and will probably do it again next year. Unfortunately, Penny didn't have a part this year (she was the Grinch's Max last year) so I had to leave her home. Cindy wasn't feeling well, so she stayed home as well.

Thanks for visiting. 

4 comments:

  1. Always nice having fun with Friends and Neighbours.
    The Goat Heads are hard to get rid of especially on your shoes.
    Hope the Tire is fixable.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The parade sounds like a fun time too bad about your flat tire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the bikes all lit up!!! I thought you did this just for the RV park, not the entire town of Yuma! How fun!!! I have hard plastic liners in my tires, along with Gunk to keep them from going flat. Haven't had a problem since.

    ReplyDelete