Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2018

Staying Busy

Riverton, Utah        High 87 Low 67

It was a little bit cooler and threatened to rain this morning, I got hit with maybe 10 drops and then it quit.

I quilted 2 of Cindy's quilts the last 2 days and she has 2 more ready for me to do. She doesn't like me to get caught up as if I could when I'm about 20 behind.

I also worked on a leaking Level-up cylinder on the fifth wheel. I took it off and took it apart. At that point I didn't know how to put in a new seal so I took it to a Hydraulic repair shop. When I talked to them on the phone I was told I would have to leave it, but when I got there one of the mechanics took it and started to look at it. He found a blemish about half way on the ram that he said could cause the leak. He told me he would sand it if I wanted but he didn't think it would hold up because he took some of the hard coating off the aluminum ram. So he sanded the ram, put a new seal in, and put the cylinder together. He told me I better be prepared to replace the cylinder.

When I went to pay, he asked his boss, the owner, and told him what we found. The Owner told me "no charge this time". How nice is that. When I get ready for a new cylinder I will be sure to ask them if they can supply it.

The air quality is a lot better today. I don't know if it is because they are getting ahead of the fires or the small storm blew the smoke another direction.

We both have been doing a lot of yard work since we have been home. Cindy is getting a little ahead of the weeds.

Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you will ever catch up to Cindy when it comes to quilting. She's a whiz at sewing, that girl. Show us some pictures!!

    ReplyDelete