Pages

Monday, September 4, 2017

Grandkids and Quilts


Riverton, Utah             High 92 Low 63

We are still having record breaking heat in Salt Lake Valley. In addition the air quality is very poor because of all the fires.

Last Friday was Skyler’s birthday. He turned 12. We had a little party for him and had cake. He got some presents he liked.


We had my grandkids that live in Idaho come and visit us for a little while yesterday. We haven’t seen them for a while and they sure are growing. My son couldn’t make it because he had to stay and do some kind of work.   

Left to right: Mika 13, Sage 15, Me old, my daughter-in-law Bridgett, and my shadow Taylor in front of Me 7. 
Of course, my little shadow, Taylor had to get in one of the pictures. Whenever he is home and I’m doing my quilting, he wants to help. Sometimes he just slows me down but he thinks he’s helping. I can’t say too much to him because I don’t want him to feel bad. He is 7 and will soon be 8.

I finally got in the mood to finish up Cindy’s giant Christmas quilt. She finished sewing it together in 2013 and I worked on it for a while that winter. It is square and is so large that I had to take my machine apart to quilt the outsides. It took almost a whole week to finally get it quilted. Now all that’s left is the binding which is Cindy’s part. I think she started doing the embroidery on it in 2010. It had been a long project.




I got the stitches out of my hand today and the Dr seemed to think everything looked OK. It still hurts when I bump it but it is feeling a lot better than when I cut it open.

We are still staying busy.


Thanks for visiting.

4 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful quilt and it does look like a lot of work. The hand will probably hurt for a few weeks yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! That's gorgeous!! And so HUGE!! LOL Glad you finally got it done. Hoping you hand heals up quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt. I love the tiny quilting stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one beautiful quilt, such a lot of work goes into those masterpieces. Good luck with hand healing quickly.

    ReplyDelete